How to Assign a Report Form to Multiple Sites (Zone Based Reporting)
Zone Based Reporting provides a way to assign reports to multiple sites. All of the selected zone reports will be made available to sites that belong to the zone. Since sites can belong to multiple zones, it may be required to setup zones solely for the purpose of making reports available to the correct sites.
Concept of Zone Based Reporting
Any reports set to "On-Demand" will be available to be assigned from a zone. Within the zone profile, On-Demand reports can be selected to apply to all sites in the zone. This will make a unique report package that only applies to these sites.
In the case that a specific form is created for a client with multiple sites, it will be necessary to create a zone for the client to ensure their custom forms are available at each of the properties they own.
Activate the Zone Based Reporting Feature
By default, zone based reporting will be enabled. This option needs to selected in the settings. To enable zone based reporting:
- Click on the "Settings" tile from the Live Dashboard.
- In the settings menu, select the "General" menu option.
- Filter the options in "Category" menu by clicking on the "Patrols & Security" menu option.
- Use the drop-down in the "Report Setting Mode" to select the "Zone Based Settings" option.
- Click on the [Save] button to apply the change.
Set the Report Assignment to On Demand
Any reports that should only be available when assigned from a zone need to be set to "On Demand / Do not show by default." Complete the steps below for report that should follow these assignment rules.
- From the Live Dashboard, click on the "Settings" tile.
- In the settings menu, select the "Field Report Templates" option.
- Click on the [Edit] button for the needed report form.
- Use the drop-down in the "Assign To" to select the "On Demand / Do not show by default" assignment option.
- Click on the [Save] button to apply the assignment to the report.
Create a New Zone (If Applicable)
To Create a Zone:
- Hover your mouse over the Sites (Client) tile on the left-hand side of the screen and select the "Site Zones" option from the pop-out menu.
- Click on the [Add Zone] button.
- Give the Zone a name and add a description. Click on the [Save] button to create the Zone.
Add a Site to a Zone
To assign a site to a zone you must access the site profile from the site list. As shown in the image above, a single site can belong to multiple zones.
To Add a Site to a Zone:
- From the Live Dashboard, click on the "Sites (Client)" tile to access the site list. Select a site from the site list by clicking on the name of the site or the [View] button.
- Click on the Edit tab in the site profile.
- Use the checkboxes in the Zones fields to add the site to specific zones.
- Click the [Save] button to save your work and assign the site to a zone.
Assign the Reports for the Zone
Once the report zone is created, the report forms can be assigned. To assign reports from the zone:
- Access the site zone from the list of zones.
- Select the "Zone Report Settings" tab.
- Click on the checkbox for each report that should be available to the sites in the zone. Note that each time a checkbox is checked the report will be added to "Selected Reports" list on on the right-hand side of the screen.