How to Trigger the Panic Button (Android Guard Tour)
The panic button is used to signal distress in emergency situations. Once triggered the panic button will send notifications via email and SMS. The shake option may or may not be available as it is an optional feature. If the shake to trigger is available make sure to keep an eye on the device to avoid false panic notifications.
Manually Trigger the Panic Button
The new Panic Button can be activated manually or it can be triggered by shaking the device. To manually trigger the Panic Button follow the steps below.
- Click on the Panic Button. This will begin a 5 second countdown to send a panic notification.
- Once the countdown begins officers can cancel the panic notifications by click on the [Click to Cancel] button.
- The [Call] button will open the call feature on the device and automatically dial the emergency number listed in your dashboard (Settings > General > Emergency Number)
- The [Siren] button allows officers to deactivate the audio siren produced by the device when a panic is triggered.
- When the panic notification is sent a pop-up window will remind officers to follow up with authorities.
- The device will display a confirmation that the panic notification was sent.
Shake to Trigger the Panic Button
The Panic Button can also be trigger by quickly shaking the device back at forth. This will follow the same process as manually selecting the Panic Button. However, since shaking the device may happen involuntarily, the countdown to send the panic notification allows 18 seconds for the officer to deactivate.