How to Setup Call-In (IVR) Time Keeping
Call-in time keeping, or IVR, allows officers to clock-in to shifts by calling an employee hotline. The automated hotline provides officers to ability to clock-in/out, log breaks and check their schedule. Call-in restrictions can be applied at a site level. This restricts officers to use a landline at the site. Call-in time keeping does require the scheduling module.
Access Call-In Time Keeping in Dashboard Settings
Setup an Employee Call-In Hotline
To Setup a Call-In Employee Hotline:
- Click on the [Get Interactive Phone Number] button.
- Enter your desired area code and click on the [Get Numbers] button.
- From the list of available numbers, select the number you would like to use by clicking on it.
- Add a description for the hotline. If you plan to activate more than one, this optional field can be useful to keep track of the numbers.
- Click on the [Save] button to secure the number.
Create a Custom Greeting and Transfer Number
- Use the text box to enter a custom greeting message. This message will be read aloud to officers when they call into the employee hotline.
- Save any changes you make to the greeting.
- Add a transfer number. Employees will be able to transfer their call to this number by dialling "0."
- Save any changes to the transfer number.
Configure the Advanced Customization Options (Optional)
Type custom messages for different functions on the employee hotline The message on the left-hand side indicates the function. In the example above the function is the Punched In message. The text on the right-hand side shows what message will be read to the officer. You can change the text on the right-hand side to change what the officer hears when they select that option.
Recording Custom Messages as Menu Options
- Click on the Record icon above the text for that message.
- In the pop-up window, enter your phone number and click on the [Call Number] button.
The system will call your phone and prompt you to record the new voice message over the phone. The system will capture your voice message and set that to the message in the employee hotline.