How to Setup SLAs for Response Times
TrackTik allows admins to create multiple tiers of response time SLAs. Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are a promise to deliver a service within a certain parameter of time. This is most commonly used for Alarm Responses. Since clients can exist in different region, it is helpful to create SLAs for different classes of sites based on their proximity to the geographical areas normally covered by mobile officers.
Concept of SLAs
The image above shows how SLAs should be applied as an operational standard. Sites close to the headquarters for mobile operations typically have a faster response time than sites that are further away. This allows admins to create SLAs based on the areas covered by mobile officers. It helps set expectations for clients and provide accountability for officers.
Navigate to SLA Settings
Create an SLA for each region with a specific response time. To create a new SLA:
- Click on the [+ Create] button.
- Add a description for the SLA and choose a naming convention that can be applied to the other SLA that will be created. In the example above, other SLA would be: Alarm Zone B,C, ect.
- Enter the number of minutes an officer has to arrive to the site per the contractual agreement with the client.
- Click on the [Save] button and repeat this process for each SLA.
Add the SLA Timer to Status Node in Workflows
Once all of the SLAs have been created it will be necessary to set integrate SLA tracking in the job workflows. This allows admin to define when the SLA time should start and when it should end. Typically the SLA timer does not run through the entire process for completing a job. For example, in some cases the agreement for services may only state that the officer will arrive to the site within a certain time. In this case the SLA timer would stop before the job is complete and closed. Activities such as the officer writing a report and the dispatcher approving the report would be performed after the SLA timer has stopped.
Begin by accessing the workflows section of the settings.
- Click on the "Settings" tile in the left-hand side menu.
- Select the "Workflows" option from the settings menu.
- Locate the workflow to apply the SLA and click on the [Configure] button for that workflow.
Configure the Statuses Using the SLA Timer Action
Choose what statuses should be used to mark the start and stop for the SLA timer. Complete the steps below to add the SLA timer action to these statuses.
- Click on the [View] button for the status.
- Select the "Misc. Settings" tab for the status.
- Use the "SLA Action" drop-down menu to select either the "Start SLA" or "Stop SLA" option.
- Click on the [Save] button.
Once complete the "Start SLA" action, repeat the steps for the status that will be used for the "Stop SLA" action.
Assign a Site an SLA
SLAs are assigned to individual sites. Each site using mobile services will need to be configured with an SLA. To set the SLA for a site follow these steps.
- Access the site list by clicking on the "Sites (Client)" tile. Select the site from the site list by clicking on the name of the site or the [View] button.
- Once in the site profile, click on the [Dispatch Settings] button.
- Use the "SLA Category" drop-down menu to select which SLA will be applied to the site.
- Click on the [Save] button. Repeat this process for each site necessary.