How to Create Actions in a Workflow
The transitions in a workflow can trigger different actions throughout the workflow. These actions can be used to add additional fields to the dispatch report form or trigger actions like signing an officer into a site, accepting a job, refusing job and more. Correctly applying these actions in the workflow with automate some of the responsibilities of the dispatcher and officer.
Access Workflows in Settings
Begin by accessing the workflows section of the dashboard settings and selecting a workflow. Follow the steps below to navigate to this section.
- From the Live Dashboard, click on the "Settings" tile
- In the settings menu, locate and select the "Workflows" option.
- Click on the [Configure] button for the workflow.
Trigger Job and User Actions
Job and user actions can be used to perform actions on the job ticket or the user. These actions ensure jobs are properly document and resolved. Actions like signing a user to a site will also ensure the report is stored with the correct client (descriptions of actions available in the following step). To create a new action for a status complete the steps below.
- Click on the [View] button for the status.
- Select the tab labeled "Entry / Exit Actions." Actions will be executed when an officer selects to update to a specific status or when an officer leaves the current job status to any new status.
- Use the drop-down menu to select whether the action will execute upon arriving to this status or upon leaving it (On Enter / On Exit).
- If there are multiple actions occurring at the same time, it will be necessary to assign "Execution Priorities" for each action. Use the drop-down to select the execution priority for the action. This define the order in which multiple actions are performed.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the type of action.
- Once complete click on the [Save] button.
Description of Actions
- Job / Close: Set the job to be marked as completed to close the ticket. Typically this is used at the last status node in the workflow.
- Add an Automatic Comment: The comment configured here will automatically populate into the dispatch report form.
- Job / Unassign User: This will unassign the officer from the ticket, but it will keep the ticket active in the unit for other officers to claim.
- Job / Unassign Unit (Position) and User: Remove all assignation from the ticket. This is typically used to reassign the ticket to dispatch.
- Sign User to Site: Automatically have the user signed-in to the site where the job was created. This ensures that any actions completed by the officer will be stored with the site.
- Signout User From Site: After completing a job force the user back to the zone and sign them out of the site. This ensures the officer does no unknowingly stay signed-in to the site when they begin working other jobs.