How to Use Site Zones
Sites can be organized into groups called "Zones." Zones allow you to group sites together based on patrol routes, vertical markets, service types, ect. A single site can belong to more than one zone. Zones allow officers to access multiple sites on their mobile application. It will also make it possible to setup tours across multiple sites, assign report forms for mobile officers and more.
Table Of Contents
1. Assigning Licenses for Mobile Devices
When devices are synced to the Live Dashboard they will be assigned to a Site or a Zone. For this reason it is a best practice to make sure all sites included in a patrol route are in the same Zone. This will allow mobile patrol officers to access different sites during their shift. Each time an officer signs into a new site the mobile application will update with the information for that site including: checkpoints, tours, post orders, report forms, and emergency contacts.
2. Create a New Zone
To Create a Zone:
- Hover your mouse over the Sites (Client) tile on the left-hand side of the screen and select the "Site Zones" option from the pop-out menu.
- Click on the [Add Zone] button.
- Give the Zone a name and add a description. Click on the [Save] button to create the Zone.
2.1 Add a Site to a Zone
To assign a site to a zone you must access the site profile from the site list. As shown in the image above, a single site can belong to multiple zones.
To Add a Site to a Zone:
- Click on [Sites/Clients]in the zone profile.
- Click on [Assign to this Zone]
- Type in the site that needs to be assigned to the zone.
- Click the [Save] button to save your work and assign the site to a zone.
2.2 Zone Configuration Options
You will notice that the same options for a Site are also available at a Zone level. When officers are in the field their device will be working at either an individual Site or within a Zone. It will be one or the other at any point in time. The Zone configuration will apply while the officer is working in the Zone. For mobile patrols officers will be working in the Zone when they are traveling between Sites. You can create Tours across multiple sites, create general patrol Post Orders and configure other options for the zone.