How to Use the Site Message Board
The Message Board is centralized communication tool. Clients, officers and managers can all access the Message Board for their site to post and view messages. You can adjust the permission levels so clients and/or officers have a "read only" access as well.
Message Board Concept
With the proper permissions, users on any device can post, view and acknowledge messages. This is similar to Post Order, however, the Message Board is for communications that are event driven. Messages can alert officers to be on the look out for a suspicious person or inform them about events at the site and expected visitors.
To activate this feature globally affecting all your sites:
- Click [Settings] Tile
- Click [Features] from the grayscale menu
- Activating [Message Board Feature] from global settings will make the feature available at all sites/zones per default
- Go to the site you wish to use, and click [Message Board] tab
Once activated, this feature can be de-activated on certain sites/zones restricting the usage:
- Click [Sites (Client)]
- Click [Security & Patrol]
- Click [On Site Features]
- Toggle off the [Message Board Feature]
There is a Message Board for each site. To access the Message Board for a site access the site profile by clicking on the site from the site list in the Sites (Client) tile. Once you are viewing the site profile, click on the Message Board tab.
The Message Board will default to show the Active Messages that you have not yet acknowledged. Use the filter drop-down menus to sort messages. Note there is also a keyword filter option to find messages that mention names or specific information.
- Categories: Messages will be tagged with a Category type. Use the Category filter to view certain types of messages. By default the Message Board will display All Categories.
- Status: Filter to view messages with a certain status. This allows you to view messages that have been archived or acknowledged. By default the Message Board will show messages that have not been acknowledged.
- Time: Use this filter to view past messages that have expired or messages dated to post in the future.
- Acknowledge: Confirm that you have read a message by clicking on the [Acknowledge] button. This will remove the message from your active list and move it to the Acknowledged messages.
- Archive: Remove a message from the list of Active and Acknowledged messages.
- Edit: Add or modify the information included in the original message.
To create a new message click on the [Post Message] button and complete the pop-up form.
Message Category: Use the drop-down menu to select the type of message you are posting.
Message: This is the actual content for the message. Use the text window to add notes and comments.
Publish Date: Set the publish date for the message. This allows you to future date messages for certain events.
Expiry Date: Select the date when this message should no longer be shown on the Message Board (optional).
Status: Use the Draft status to save messages that still need additional information. The Actual messages will have an active/current status. The Completed status can be used for messages that are no longer needed or requests that have been completed.
Picture: Attach pictures to messages.
Once you have completed the form click on the [Save] button to post the message to the Message Board.
Click on the [Edit] button to access the form that holds all of the information for the message. From here you can edit the information included in the message. To save your modifications, click on the [Save] button.