How to Configure Site Notification for Panic Button
The panic button notification is an example of a notification that can have a default notification rule in the settings, but can customized at the site level. This allows the panic button notification to include site supervisors and other site specific contacts.
Access Site Panic Button Configuration
Begin by accessing the site where the panic button notification will be customized. To access the panic button notifications for a site:
- Click on the "Sites (Client)" tile from the live dashboard. Locate the site in the site list and click on the name of the site or the [View] button to access the site profile.
- Select the "Security & Patrol" tab.
- From the "Patrol Menu" select the "Panic Button Settings" option.
Site Notification Options
By default the panic notification will be using the notifications set in Settings > Notifications. Site panic notifications have the following options.
Use Default Notification Settings: Use the region notification rules created in Settings > Notifications > Panic.
Create Custom Notification Rules: Create a custom notification rule that will be used when the panic button is triggered at this site.
No Notification: Triggering the panic button at this site will not produce a notification.
Configure Custom Site Panic Notification Rule
Follow the steps below to create a custom notification rule for site panics.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the "Create Custom Notification Rules" option.
- Click on the drop-down to select whether this contact will be notified via SMS or email.
- Enter the phone number or mobile number for SMS. Click on the [Send Test Now] button to test the notification. A test notification will be sent to the listed email or mobile number.
- Click on the [+ Add more] link button to add additional contact lines.
- Click on the [Save Notification Settings] button to save the custom notification rule for the site panic.