How to Create / Configure / Remove Different Visitor Types (Admin)
Visitor Types provide a way to categorize visitors and add unique requirements based on the type of visitor. Visitor types can be created for each type of visitor that accesses the site. Common types of visitors are contractors, inspectors or vendors in addition to personal visitors. Each visitor type can use a different check-in/out form to gather information unique to their job on the property.
Overview of Visitor Types
Visitor Types are created at within the site profile in the "Visitor Types" tab under the "Security & Patrol" tab. Some of the options for questions are hard-coded and can be turned on/off for each visitor type. The Extra Check-In/Out Questions allow you flexibility to add additional fields to capture information when a visitor is arriving to or departing from the property.
- Visitor Log Name: This is the option that will appear in the Visitor Type drop-down when checking a visitor into the property.
- Extra Check-In/Out Questions: These are fields that can be added as part of the check-in/out process. The check-in/out questions use the integrated report builder allowing for a wide range of field types for check-in/out questions.
Create a New Visitor Type
To create a new Visitor Type click on the [New Log Type] button. Complete the information in the pop-up form, make sure to include all fields that should be captured for this Visitor Type. Click on the [Save] button to create the new Visitor Type. A description of field options is below.
Visitor Log Name: The Visitor Log Type will be used as the title description for this Visitor Type. This name will appear in the drop-down as an option for the Visitor Type.
Track Check-Out: On by default. This will track the visitor's time on the property and require the visitor to be checked out of the property.
Collect Company Name: Add a text field to the check-in process to capture the company name for the visitor.
Take Visitor Picture: Add a photo requirement for the check-in process. This photo will be added to the visitor's profile for future reference.
Collect Signature: Require the visitor to sign a signature box before entering the property.
Signature Disclosure: Type the policies or expectations for the visitor's time on site. This will serve as the disclosure listed above the signature box.
Collect Car License Plate: Add a text field to capture the visitor's license plate during check-in.
Collect Access Card Number: Capture the visitor's access card information upon check-in with this text field.
Print Visitor Badge: Automatically prompt creation of a visitor badge with the all of the selected information including picture.
Adding Check-In/Out Questions
Once the Visitor Type has been created, the Extra Check-In/out Questions provide the ability to capture more information than the pre-defined fields. These questions use the integrated report builder providing access to a suite of field options. Add as many fields as necessary. To add Extra Check-In/Out Questions follow the steps below.
- Click on the [Extra Check-In Questions] or [Extra Check-Out Questions] button.
- Select the type of field that you would like to add from the drop-down menu.
- Provide a label for the field and any other information required for the field. Click on the [Save] button to add the field to the check-in/out form. Continue this process until you have added all of the desired fields.
- Click on the [Back to Main Window] button to return to the Visitor Types section.
Edit An Existing Visitor Type
Deactivate a Visitor Type
Visitor Types can be deactivated if they were created by accident or are no longer in use. Officers will only be able to select from the list of active Visitor Types. To deactivate a Visitor Type follow the steps listed below.
- Click on the [Edit] button for the Visitor Type.
- Use the drop-down, at the top of the pop-up form, to change the status from "Active" to "Deactivated."
- Click on the [Save] button to finish deactivating the Visitor Type.
View Deactivated Visitor Types
The list of Visitor Types will default to only show "Active" Visitor Types, but you can access "Deactivated" Visitor Types at any time. Click on the drop-down filter and select "Deactivated" to filter the list of Visitor Types to show the "Deactivated" Visitor Types. From here you can also reinstate a Visitor Type by clicking on the [Edit] button and changing the status from "Deactivated" to "Active."