Job Type Configuration
Job Types are recurring tasks that are scheduled in run sheets. This section shows how to create job types and manage them. The job types created here can then be scheduled on a recurring basis.
Accessing Job Types
Managing Job Types
Create a Job Type
Job Types are categories for different types of jobs that are regularly performed by mobile officers. Creating Job Types allows you to create rules for different recurring tasks. To create a new job type follow the steps below.
- Click on the [+ Create New] button.
- Use the drop-down menu to select a report form that will be completed with each job.
- Provide a Description for the job type. This will serve as the name for the Job Type.
- Add details that better explain the specific tasks or duties associated with the job.
- If the job will be billed to the client, use the drop-down menu of Bill Items to select which item will be included in the client's invoice.
- Click on the [Save] button to create the new job type.
Components of a Job
Job types integrate to other areas of the system including reporting and accounting. When creating a new job you have the option to assign a bill item and/or report form to the job type.
- Billable Item: Assign one of the Bill Items you created in the Accounting module to the new job type. This will automatically include the bill item in invoices to clients when the job is performed at their site. The information will also feed into the accounting as a revenue source for the different services offered to that client. To create Bill Items or learn more about them click HERE.
- Form to Complete: Select one of the report forms from your list of Patrol Reports as the standard form for this job type. Every time an officer performs this job type they will be prompted to complete the report form. To create report forms or learn more about them click HERE.