How to Set / Edit Distribution Method for an Invoice
Invoice can be distributed by email, fax or mail. The email option is the recommended method for distributing invoices to clients. Once a contact, with an email address, has been created for a site, they will be eligible to receive the invoice via email. The distribution method and contacts can be selected and modified during process of creating an invoice. This section looks at how the distribution method can be verified and modified as invoices are created.
Verify the Distribution Method for the Invoice
Access a specific invoice to see the details of the invoice and verify the dis
- From the Live Dashboard, click on the "Billing" tab.
- In the billing menu, select the "Prepare Invoice" menu option.
- Locate the desired invoice and click on the [Preview] button.
- From the menu in the invoice, select the "Preferences" option.
- Confirm the method of distribution or select a different method for distributing the invoice by clicking on the switch buttons.
Verify the Contacts for Invoice Distribution
Select the "Account Contacts" menu option to view the contacts available for the site. This will show the contacts available to receive the invoice for the site.
Add a New Contact
Contacts can be added on the fly when viewing the invoice site contacts. To add a new contact to the site:
- Click on the [Create Contact] button.
- Complete the information in the form and click on the "Use this address as the bill-to address" if this contact should receive an invoice for the site. These contacts will automatically be selected to receive the invoice when it is distributed.
- Make sure to include an email address when possible as the invoice can be sent via email
- Click on the [Save] button to create the new contact.