How to Log Payments / View Outstanding Invoices / Add a Credit Memo
The Outstanding Invoices section shows all invoices that have been paid or have an outstanding invoice. In this section payments can be logged to invoices and the balance of each invoice can be viewed. Invoices can also be edited here for any last minute changes or requests from the client.
Access the Outstanding Invoices
Log a Payment to an Invoice
When a payment is logged it needs to be allocated to the correct invoice. Locate the invoice in the "Outstanding Invoices" section and log payments received to invoices accordingly. To log a new payment:
- Click on the [Pay] button in the row of the desired invoice.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the invoice that the payment will be applied to. The drop-down menu will show all open invoices for the client.
- Select the method of payment from the "Payment Type" drop-down menu. Adjust the payment amount as needed and verify the issue date at the bottom.
- Click on the [Save] button to log the payment.
Create a Credit Memo
Credit Memos can be created when clients over pay for services. These memos can then be added to future invoices to settle the balance with clients. To create a credit memo:
- Select the "Credit Memo" option from the billing menu.
- Begin typing the name of the site. Once the name of the site appears in the drop-down, click on the site name.
- Enter the amount of the credit to issue. Only enter a value (No $ Required).
- Click on the [Save] button to create the credit memo.