How to Create / Assign Skills & Attributes
The Skills and Attributes section can be used to track certifications permits and other compliances required for officers to perform their duties. The items created here also integrate into TrackTik scheduling. This allows admins to set requirements for different positions.
Table of Contents
How to Access the List of Skills and Attributes
The list of Skills and Attribute can be found in the employee's section. Here new items can be created for certifications and permits.
- To access the list of skills and attribute, hover over the "Employees" tile. Select the "Skills & Attributes" option from the pop-out menu.
How to Create a New Skill
Skills and Attributes will show the list of certifications, permits, licenses and other skills available to your workforce. To Add a Skill:
- Click on the [+ New Attribute / Skill] button.
- Select a Category for the new Attribute / Skill via the [Choose a Category] drop-down menu.
- Diplomas, Trainings & Special Skills
- Licenses & Permits
- Prior Career Skills
- Enter a Description for the new Skill / Attribute you are creating (Ex: Firearms License, Fluent Spanish, Security Course Certificate, Etc).
- If you require to track an expiration date for the new Attribute / Skill you are creating, check off the [Show Date Field] option and enter a label (Ex: Expiration Date, Renewal Date, Etc).
- If you require to track a number or ID linked to the Attribute / Skills, check off the [Show Text Field] option and enter a label (Ex: License Number, Certificate Number, Etc).
- If you require to track anything else linked to the Attribute / Skills, check off the [Show Text Field (Other)] option and enter a label (Ex: Firearms License Class, Driver License Class, Etc).
- Click on the [Save] button to create the new skill or attribute.
How to Assign Skills and Attributes to Employees
Employees can be assigned a Skill / Attribute from the list of skills and attribute. To assign officers a skill:
- Click on the [Assign Employees] button.
- A panel will rise from the bottom of the screen showing the list of employees. Click on the [Set] button for the employee.
- Complete the information in the pop-up form. These will be the fields that were defined when the skill was created.
- Click on the [Save] button to save the assignment.
How to View Expiring Skills
The Expiring Skills tab will show you a list of all skills that have expired including the expiration date and name of the officer possessing the skill.
- To view Expiring Skills, hover over the Employees tile and then select [Expiring Attributes].
How to Set the Parameter for Expiring Skills
The default parameter for identifying expiring skills is set to 30 days. This can be modified in the settings. The value assigned here will be applied to all skills and attributes. To set the value for the expiring skills:
- Click on the Settings tile from the Live Dashboard. This will show all options available in the settings.
- Select the [General] option from the settings menu.
- Change the value for "Expiring Skill Warning (in days)" and click on the [Save] button to apply the change.