How to Configure Back Office Defaults
TrackTik allows for you to set default settings that will be applied to sites and employees by default. In many cases it is possible to overwrite these settings at the site, schedule or employee level if appropriate.
Follow the steps below to access the default settings in the Back Office.
- From the Live Dashboard, click on the "Settings" Menu.
- In the "Backoffice Configurations" menu, click on [BackOffice Default] to access the default settings for the dashboard.
- The items shown in this box are the options for configuring the default settings for back office.
To set the default Back Office settings:
- Once the Settings page loads, select the Back Office Default option from the left menu. A page will load outlining several settings these, in turn, are broken down into sub-groups: Schedule Default Settings, Payroll and Overtime Default Settings and Billing Settings.
- Set the desired default behaviors for Schedule Default Settings
- Choose a cycle first date - This will be the length of the template before it repeats, the default options are 7 days or 14 days. Please note, the schedule cycle can be changed to a custom cycle of the users choosing directly in the schedule settings at the site, zone or department.
- Schedule Template First Day of Week - This will be the starting day of the week for each schedule template.
- Preferred Schedule Publishing Frequency - This will include all shifts to publish at the live scheduling view, zones, sites and departments according to the range chosen. (weekly, bi-weekly or monthly)
- Allow scheduling for closed business days - This will mark days when the site is not occupied, such as weekends for an office building, and allow shifts to be scheduled on these days.
- Request Employee Schedule Acknowledgement - When distributing the schedule via email, it will allow officers to confirm their shifts with the click of a button. Please note the schedule must be published before it can be distributed.
- Minimum rest period between shifts (in hours) - This will enforce a minimum rest period between shifts when an employee is scheduled. Please note that a shift does not need to be published for this to work.
- Configure the default behaviors for Payroll & Overtime Default Settings
- Default Employee Hourly Rate - If an officer does not have an hourly rate, this rate will be applied.
- Default Pay Schedule - Payroll will be prepared according to the configuration that was done for the Payroll Schedule chosen.
- Default Overtime Rule - The overtime rule that will be applied to all employees.
- Overtime Start Day of Week - Defines the cut-off for when an overtime period starts.
- Auto Approval of Shifts - Automatically approve shifts if the clock-in/out falls within the parameter set below. This will adjust shift to the scheduled time when inside the ranges chosen.
- Payroll Sorting - Gives the ability to configure the sorting order of employees in the payroll export. The employees can be sorted by Employee ID, Last Name or First Name. The sorting order will apply when viewing or exporting the detailed payroll export.
- Set the Billing Settings default behaviors
- Tax Engine - Choose manual or select to use a license to automatically populate taxes based on location.
- Base Currency - Select the currency used for billing.
- Invoice Permanent Memo - Add a memo that will appear on all invoices such as a billing policy.
- Click on the [Save Default Settings] button to save all of the options configured above.