How to Configure Back Office Defaults
TrackTik allows for you to set default settings that will be applied to sites and employees by default. In many cases it is possible to overwrite these settings at the site, schedule or employee level if appropriate.
Follow the steps below to access the default settings in the Back Office.
- From the Live Dashboard, click on the "Settings Overview" tab.
- In the "General Settings" box, click on the [Manage Settings] button to access the default settings for the dashboard.
- The items shown in this box are the options for configuring the default settings for back office.
To set the default Back Office settings:
- Once the Settings page loads, select the Back Office Default option from the left menu. A page will load outlining several settings these, in turn, are broken down into sub-groups: Schedule Default Settings, Payroll and Overtime Default Settings and Billing Settings.
- Set the desired default behaviors for Schedule Default Settings
- Schedule Template First Day of Week - Unless changed for a site, this will be the starting day of the week for each schedule template
- Preferred Schedule Publishing Frequency - The schedule view when publishing will by default select all shifts for a
- Allow scheduling for closed business days - Note days when the site is not occupied, such as weekends for an office building, and allow shifts to be scheduled on these days
- Allow Publishing Shift on the Shift Board - Enable vacant shifts to be published to a board where officers are able to pick-up the shifts
- Request Employee Schedule Acknowledgement - Distribute the schedule via email allowing officers to confirm their shifts from the email
- Configure the default behaviors for Payroll & Overtime Default Settings
- Default Employee Hourly Rate - If an officer does not have an hourly rate, this rate will be applied
- Default Pay Schedule - Unless modified, payroll will be prepared at this frequency
- Default Overtime Rule - The overtime rule applied to all sites
- Overtime Start Day of Week - Define the cut-off for when an overtime period starts
- Auto Approval of Shifts - Automatically approve shifts if the clock-in falls within the parameter set below
- Adjust shift to the schedule time when inside the ranges below
- Set the Billing Settings default behaviors
- Tax Engine - Choose manual or select to use a license to automatically populate taxes based on location
- Base Currency - Select the currency used for billing
- Invoice Permanent Memo - Add a memo that will appear on all invoices such as a billing policy
- Click on the [Save] button to save all of the options configured above.