How to Create Payroll Schedule
Payroll Schedules can be created for different groups of employees. For example, salaried and hourly employees can have different payroll cycles. The options configured in the payroll schedule will define the rules for pay in that period. This includes the payroll cycle, first day and how to manage shifts that overlap payroll periods.
Accessing BackOffice Default Settings
Follow the steps below to access the default settings in the backoffice.
- From the Live Dashboard, click on the "Settings Overview" tab.
- In the "General Settings" box, click on the [Manage Settings] button to access the default settings for the dashboard.
- The items shown in this box are the options for configuring the default settings for back office.
Create a Payroll Schedule
- Once the Settings page loads, select the Payroll Schedule option from the left menu.
- Select the New Payroll Schedule.
- A dialog box appears, complete the requested data:
- Label: Name representing the pay schedule. System does support
- Frequency: Select the appropriate payroll frequency. Weekly, Bi-weekly,
- Select the first period start: Based on the frequency chosen, select the first date the payroll will start on and any subsequent dates. Example: Semi-monthly could be 1st and 15th of the month.
- Period Overlapping Shifts: If a shift is split over two pay cycles, select if it is to be included with the current pay cycle or if the hours are to be split into the cycle that they apply to. Example if shift was 10 pm – 4 am, two hours could be split from the remaining four or entire shift paid under the current active cycle.
- Click the [Save] button to save the changes. If appropriate, repeat for each required Payroll Schedule.
Using a Semi-Monthly Payroll Schedule
The Semi-Monthly Frequency option will populate two additional fields on the pop-up window. Each of these fields uses a drop-down menu to select when payroll cycles will begin, dividing the month into two separate payroll cycles. The example above would be common for salaried employees that are always paid at the beginning and middle of the month.
- From the drop-down menu select the "Semi-Monthly. Twice a month" option.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the beginning of the first payroll cycle for the month.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the beginning of the second payroll cycle for the month.
- Complete the other fields in the window and click on the [Save] button.