How to Create and Assign Ad Hoc (one time) Shifts
Finalizing the Schedule
With all of the known shifts now scheduled in the template, change your view to the Schedule view. Here you can finalize the schedule and publish it. The Schedule view can be edited for one-time or non-recurrent shifts as well as assigning vacant shift created in the template.
Make sure the date range selected includes the starting date selected for the template. If no shifts appear it is likely because the selected date range does is not looking at dates where the template would be applied.
Creating Ad Hoc or Non Recurrent Shifts
Ad hoc shifts can be created in the schedule view. This allows you the ability to create a shift that will not populate to the schedule week over week.
- Hover over the bottom of the post/position and day in the schedule grid. A light blue [+] button will appear, click on this button
- Enter the information for the ad hoc shift
- Click on the [Create] button
In the example above, the shift created for the Security Officer post/position on Thursday the 9th will only appear on that date. It will not be copied forward to following Thursdays as it would in the Template view.
Assigning Officers One Time to a Shift
Shifts assigned in the Schedule view will act as a one-time occurrence. To assign an officer to a specific shift for a single date complete the steps below.
- Click on the shift. The color of the shift should change indicating it has been selected.
- Select the officer to assign and click on the blue arrow button in the selected officer's tile.