Report notifications apply to individual reports completed by officers. When officers complete a report the system will check the criteria for report notifications. If the report (or incident type) meets the criteria for a notification rule, the system will enforce the rule and send notifications via SMS or email. Each rule can also have unique contact providing automation for communications related to certain situations reported by officers.
Table Of Contents
- Navigate to the Report Notifications For A Site
- Select The Trigger for the Report Notification
- Set Criteria for the Notification Rule
- Select Recipients For The Notification
- Edit/Delete An Existing Notification Rule
- Apply Master Site Notifications to Sub-Sites
- Set A Master Site Notification Rule To Cascade To Subsites
- Identify The Affected Sites
- Apply Zone Notification Rules to Included Sites
- Access Zone Report Notifications
- Set Zone Notifications To Cascade To Included Sites
- Identifying The Affected Sites
Navigate to the Report Notifications for a Site
Begin by accessing the site where the report notification rules will be created. Note that these rules need to be created for each individual site. The only exception is if the site is linked to a master site or zone, the notification rules created at the master site or zone can be applied to linked sites (discussed below). To access the report notifications for a site:
- Click on the "Sites (Client)" tile from the live dashboard. Locate the site in the site list and click on the name of the site or the [View] button to access the site profile.
- Select the "Notifications" tab.
- Select "Individual Reports"under the "Operations Reports" menu.
Select the Trigger for the Report Notification Rule
- Click on the [New Notification Rule] button.
- Enter a description of the notification rule
- Select whether this notification will require your approval (On Report APPROVAL) or process automatically (On Report Creation), or will trigger (On Edit). It is recommended that high priority incidents or situations that require immediate action (especially on the part of the client) are set to "On Creation."
- Select the email template
- Select whether the notification rule will apply to the subsites.
Set Criteria for the Notification Rule
By default the top drop-down menu will show "Reports matching the following tags." This can be changed to "Send all reports" for basic rules that will govern any report written at that site. Choosing "Reports matching the following tags" will allow you to create custom Notifications based on specific criteria.
- Form Templates: These are the actual report forms available to officers out in the field. For example their can be a generic notification for all incident reports.
- Incident Severity: Each type of incident has a priority level. This priority level represents the severity of the incident. With the Incident Severity tags you can create Notifications based on all incident types matching that priority level.
- Incident Flag Types: Individual incident types belong to parent categories such as Unsecure or Maintenance. Incident Flag Types allow you to select the parent categories or groups of like incidents.
- Incident Flag: These are the individual incident types.
Select Recipients for the Notification
The right-hand column will pull lists of contacts affiliated with the site. Click on the checkbox next to a contact to add them as a recipient of the this notification.
- Site Contacts: Contacts for the site on the client side.
- Site Employees: Officers and Supervisors working at the site.
- Zone Employees: Typically Managers that handle several locations.
Edit / Delete an Existing Notification Rule
- Click the [Edit] button to edit the trigger for the the notification or the name of the notification rule.
- Change the criteria of recipients for the notification rule.
- Delete unused notifications by clicking on the red [X] button.
Apply Master Site Notifications to Sub-Sites
Like zones, master sites can also take advantage of cascading notifications for their sub-sites. Report Notifications created at the master site can be automatically applied to all of the sub-sites governed by the master.
- Click on the "Site (Client)" tile from the left-hand side menu. Select the desired master site.
- From the master site profile, click on the "Notifications" tab.
- Click on the "Individual Reports" menu option
- Click the "Edit" button
- If the notification rule is set to be applied to all sub-site, select the "Apply rule to sub-sites" option.
- An Account Manager or Client Portfolio Manager needs a notification for all reports written at a multi-site client account.
- Corporate level client contact needs a notification every time a report is written at one of their site. For Example, a property management group own 20 properties and their head quarters needs a notification every time a report is written at one of their properties.
Set a Master Site Notification Rule to Cascade to Sub-Sites
Create new notification rules for cascading notifications or edit the existing rules to apply them to all sub-sites.
- Click on the [New Notification Rule] button to create a new notification rule or click on the [Edit] button for an existing notification rule.
- Use the "Apply to sub-sites" drop-down menu to select whether the notification rule will be applied to only the master site or all sub-sites*.
- Click on the [Save] button to create or edit the notification rule.
Identify the Affected Sites
Notification Rules applied to all sub-sites will be applied to all of the sub-sites listed in the master site. To locate the the list of sub-sites follow the steps below.
- Click on the "Overview" tab of the master site profile.
- Select the "Client Portal Access" option from the lower tool bar.
- The list of sub-site will be located in the sub-sites table in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. This is the list of sites that will be affected by the notifications applied to all sub-sites.
Apply Zone Notification Rules to Included Sites
Previously all notifications configured at the zone level only triggered when reports were completed in the zone. Typically officers are only working in the zone when they are between sites; traveling from one site to another. The option to cascade notifications from the zone allows you to set up a single report notification rule that can be automatically applied to all of the sites that belong to the zone.
All of the previous options in the Report Notifications / Batch Actions are preserved. You can still select the criteria for the notification based on the report type, incident type, incident severity and incident parent group. This addition simply allows you to apply the zone notification rule to each of the sites in the zone without the need to manually recreate the rule in each site profile.
- Zone Managers that need to be notified every time a report is written in their zone
- Vendors or third parties that manage a client portfolio that is configured as a zone
Access Zone Report Notifications
To configure cascading notifications for a zone begin by accessing the Report Notifications for the zone.
- Hover over the "Sites (Client)" tile. From the pop-out menu select the "Site Zones" option.
- Once viewing the site list for the zone click on the "Notifications" tab.
- This will show the existing list of report notification rules for the zone. Currently these notifications only work for report written in the zone*.
- Once a notification rule is applied to all sites in the zone the "Notification Zone Status" column will read "Yes."
* Officer are typically only working in the zone when they are traveling between sites. Reports written while the officer is in the zone are stored with the zone and follow only the zone notifications. When an officer is signed-in to a site, reports will follow the site rules. If zone notification rules are applied to all sites, any reports written in the zone or at any sites in the zone will follow the report rules created in the zone profile (shown above).
Set Zone Notifications to Cascade to Included Sites
Create a new notification rule for cascading zone notifications or edit an existing notification rule to apply it to all sites in the zone.
- Click on the [New Notification Rule] for a new notification rule or click the [Edit] button to modify an existing notification rule.
- In the pop-up window use the "Apply to zones sites" drop-down to select whether the rule will be applied to all site or only work in the zone.
- Once the desired option is selected from the drop-down menu, click on the [Save] button to create the rule.
Identifying the Affected Sites
Once a rule is applied to all sites in the zone, it will automatically trigger for reports written at any of the sites in the zone. Click on the "Sites / Client" tile to view all of the sites in the zone that will be affected by the report notification rule.