The Live Schedule was added to provide a robust view of the all shifts at all sites. This view offers a number of different filters to quickly locate certain types of shifts such as those that will fall into overtime or shifts that have not yet been confirmed. The Live Schedule can be viewed on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. This view of the schedule integrates data from time and attendance as well.
Access / View the Live Schedule
The Live Schedule provides a view of all scheduled shifts. This view allows users to filter the shifts that appear in the Live Schedule making it easy to quickly locate shifts that have overtime pay, holiday pay and require confirmation. The Live Schedule also allows users to filter the shifts view by employee and location. To access the Live Schedule:
- From the Live Dashboard, click on the "Schedules & Attendance" tab.
- Select the "Live Schedule" menu option.
Filter View of the Live Schedule
The view in the Live Schedule can be modified using the filters at the top of the screen. A description of the available filter is below.
- Shift Sorting: Use this drop-down to select how the shifts will be sorted and grouped. The option selected here will define the variables in the the column to the left. Shifts will sort and display based in this option.
- Account Filter: Type in the name of a site to filter the view the only show shifts schedule at a specific site.
- Employee Filter: Type in the name of an employee to filter the view to only show shifts assigned to a certain employee.
- Reset: Clear all filter options selected.
- Reload: Refresh the view in the Live Schedule.
- Date Range: Use the drop-down here to select the first week that will appear in Live Schedule.
- 1 Week: Select this option to only view shifts for the one week selected above.
- 2 Week: Click on this option to to change the view to include shifts for the week selected and the following week.
- Include Shifts Overlapping Period: Be default the view will only include shifts that begin within the selected date range. Choose this option to include shifts where the end the time of the shift overlaps the selected date range.
- Vacant Only: Select this option to only displays shifts that have not yet been assigned to an officer.
- Not Published Only: Filter the shifts shown to include only shifts that have not yet been published.
- Not Acknowledged Only: Select this option to only show shifts that have yet to be confirmed by officers.
- Overtime (Pay): Filter the shifts to only view those that include overtime pay.
- Holiday (Pay): Select to view all shifts that include adjustments for holiday pay.
Edit Shifts in the Live Schedule
Any shift that includes overtime pay will include visual indicator. Click on the shift tiles to edit the information for the shift. Here the assigned employee, start/end time and break can be adjusted. Any changes made here will automatically be updated in the schedule for the employee and the site.
Live Schedule Tiles
Series of tiles are provided indicating summary details of the information related to scheduling including hours, shifts, accounts and employees.
Shifts are colour-coded to provide a quick reference for additional information about the status of the shift. Below is a description of what each colour represents.
- If the shift is Vacant and missed: The background colour is red and left side is red.
- If the shift is assigned and missed: The background has no colour, and the left side is red.
- If the shift is assigned and completed: The background has no colour, and the left side is green.
- If the shift is assigned and is currently being worked: The background has no colour, and the left side is blue.
- If the shift is assigned and late: The background has no colour, and the left side is yellow.
Roll Schedule Templates in Live Schedule
Roll schedule feature allows for future schedules to be viewed, verifying all templates including impact of overtime prior to publishing the shifts. This in turn allows for the schedule to be adjusted if appropriate prior to making it publicly available.