Report Metrics provide a way to export information from multiple reports in bulk. Any of the fields in a report form can be selected and added to the export. This can provide custom export for operational or client needs. A common use of report metrics is exporting the list of deliveries at a site. Fields like the time of delivery and type can be added to a report metrics export to provide an export of all deliveries over the course of a month.
Concept of Report Metrics
Report metrics provides an export of completed reports based on the fields selected in report metrics. The simplest way to understand how report metrics works, is to visualize how the rows and columns are configured for the export.
Export Columns: Each of the selected fields from the report form will become a column in the report metrics export.
Export Rows: Each row represents one completed report. The information entered by the officer will be added to the selected columns.
This view allows admins to view reports in bulk as logs. From this export, the data can be manually manipulated using a excel or a similar spreadsheet application.
Setup a New Report Metrics Export
Report Metrics offer a way to export your report information in bulk to analyze the data. Report Metrics basically allows you to create pivot tables within the system and export those reports to HTML, PDF or Excel.
To Create Report Metrics:
- In the Reports tab, click on the [Metrics] button.
- The next screen will show all of the Report Metrics available. To create a new metric click on the [Create New] button.
- In the pop-up window, give the new metric a name.
- Select the report form you would like to use for this metric. The drop-down menu will show a list of all report forms that have been created in your account.
- Select the fields to include in this metric. Use the drag and drop interface to drag fields from the Available column to the Selected column.
- Once you have collected all of the fields you would like to use, click on the [Save] button to create the new metric.
Run the Report Metrics Export
Once the metrics export has been configured, it can be used to provide a bulk export of report information. To run a report metrics export:
- Click on the [Run (Dialog)] button for the desired metrics export.
- Use the drop-down to select the file type (format) for the export file.
- Select the date range. All report completed during this range will be included in the export.
- Click on the [Save] button.
The report metrics export will begin compiling report data in the background.