A vehicle profile can be created for each fo the patrol vehicles in an company's fleet. The main purpose of creating a vehicle profile is to provide a folder where report related to the vehicle can be stored. This allows officers to keep maintenance records for each patrol vehicle. The history of inspections and maintenance logs can be found in the vehicle's profile.
Create a Patrol Vehicle Profile
Patrol vehicle profiles can be created in the "Vehicle Management" section. This section can be accessed from the mobile dispatch menu or by hovering over the "Dashboard" tile and clicking on the "Vehicle Management" option. To create a new patrol vehicle:
- Select the "Mobile Dispatch" tab or hover over the "Dashboard" tile and select the "Vehicle Management" option.
- If accessing Vehicle Management through the "Mobile Dispatch" tab, select the "Vehicles" option in the mobile dispatch menu.
- Click on the [+ Create Vehicle] button.
- Complete the information in the pop-up form and click on the [Save] button to create vehicle profile.
Edit / View a Patrol Vehicle Profile
Vehicle profiles can be edited at anytime. This makes it possible to update information about the vehicle and retire patrol vehicles. From the vehicle profile, admins can also view the vehicle information and review reports written about the vehicle (typically maintenance and inspection logs). To edit or view the information in the vehicle profile:
- Click on the [View] button for the vehicle.
- In the vehicles profile select the desired option form the tabs ("Edit" Shown above). Other options include:
- Information: View the basic information in the vehicle profile and add / view notes about the vehicle.
- Reports: View the history of reports written about the vehicle.
- Modify the information in the vehicle profile as needed and click on the [Save] button.
Create Report Forms for Patrol Vehicles
Any report form can be used as a patrol vehicle report. The critical element is including the "Patrol Vehicle List" field type in the report. This field type provides the officer with a drop-down list of all the active vehicles in the vehicle management section. The report will be stored in the profile for the patrol vehicle the officer selects from the drop-down menu.