Dispatchers will need to create a new ticket (job) for each call that they receive. Once all of the other dispatch configurations are setup, it will be the job of dispatchers to create and monitor jobs. The workflows, SLAs and other settings will be automatically applied to the jobs created by dispatchers.
Access the Dispatch Dashboard
Complete these steps to access the dispatch Dashboard.
- From the Live Dashboard, click on the "Mobile Dispatch" tab.
- Select the "Dispatch Tickets" menu option.
- Click on the small gray box to close the mobile dispatch side-menu (Optional). This will provide more room on the screen to view the dispatch dashboard.
Create a New Dispatch Ticket (Job)
To create a new dispatch ticket follow the instructions below.
- Click on the [+ NEW DISPATCH] button.
- If you are creating a ticket for a client that does not currently exist in the system, click on the [New Site / Client] button.
Complete the Dispatch Form and Assign the Job
There are options for assigning tickets. Choose
- Begin by selecting the name of the site. A drop-down menu will populate as your type the name of the site / client. Once you select the site the view on the right-hand side will populate with the officers closest to the site.
- Dispatch tickets can be assigned to a zone, unit or specific officer. To quickly assign a dispatch ticket, click on the options next to "Assign To -->" in the officer's tile. Assignment options are below.
- User: Assigning a ticket to a specific user means that only this individual officer will receive the dispatch ticket. Whether the ticket is accepted will be the officer's decision.
- Zone: Assign the ticket to all officers working in a zone or patrol beat. All officers working in the zone will receive the ticket and have a chance to accept the ticket. Once an officer accepts the ticket they will be assigned to complete the task.
- Post: The Post acts similar to the Zone in the dispatch dashboard. If multiple officers are working the same post, the ticket can be assigned to all officers working that post. Like the zone assignment, the unit will allow all officers to receive the ticket. The first officer to accept the ticket will be assigned to complete the ticket.
- Complete the fields assigned to the dispatcher for this ticket type.
- Click on the [Create Ticket] to create and dispatch the task to officers.
Dispatch to an Adhoc or Unlisted Site
The Quick Lookup Tool auto-populates as the address is entered. This provides an efficient method for defining the location of a site that is not listed in the dashboard. If the site is listed in the dashboard, this method is not necessary. To create a job with an adhoc location:
- Click on the [New Site] button.
- Use the "Quick Lookup Tool" field and start entering the address. Once the address appears in the drop-down menu, click on it. This will populate the information into the fields below.
- Lastly, enter a name for new site and complete the dispatch form.
Monitor and Edit Active Tickets
The dispatch dashboard provides an overview of all active tickets. Dispatchers can drill down to view the details of an active ticket by clicking the [View] button next to the ticket. The ticket details will provide all of the information originally included in the dispatch as well as the ability to add comments, view activity logs and add attachments.
Add Comments or Notes to an Active Ticket
To add comments or notes to a ticket follow the step below.
- Click on the [View] button next to the desired ticket.
- Click on the question mark icon to view the ticket details.
- Add the comment content to in the Notes/Comment tet box. Click on the [Add Note] button to add the comment to the ticket. This information will trigger a notification to the officer that information was added to the ticket.
View Status Updates and Progress on a Ticket
Edit the Original Information for the Ticket
Add an Attachment to an Active Ticket
Dispatchers can add attachments to tickets as well. This information will be available to officers in the "Comments" section of the ticket on the mobile application. Attachments can include images or documents that provide more information about the site or situation.
- Click on the paperclip icon.
- To attach a new document click on the [Upload File] button.
- In the pop-up window select the file from your local machine. Provide a name for the document and click the [Save] button to attach the document.