Activate the Barcode Checkpoint Option
By default, the system uses NFC checkpoints. The option to use barcode checkpoints must be activated at the site in order to create barcode checkpoints at the site. To activate barcode checkpoints:
- Locate the desired site from the site list in the "Sites (Client)" tile.
- From the site profile, click on the "Security & Patrol" tab.
- In the Patrol Menu, select the "On-Site Features" option.
- Scroll down to the "Barcode Tour Alternative" option and click the switch to activate Barcode checkpoints for the site.
Create Checkpoint with a Barcode ID
Once the barcode checkpoint option has been activated in the "Other Site Features," go back to the list of checkpoints. New barcode checkpoints can be created or existing checkpoints can be configured to be a barcode checkpoint by clicking the [Edit] button next to an existing checkpoint.
- From the Patrol Menu, click on the "Checkpoints" item.
- Click on the [+ Create Checkpoint] button to create a new barcode checkpoint or click on the [Edit] button to change an existing checkpoint to a barcode checkpoint.
- Enter the Barcode ID for the checkpoint or leave this blank (see below)
- Click on the [Save] button to save the barcode checkpoint.
Barcode ID Tip - The Barcode ID can be captured when the barcode is written as a checkpoint. It is usually easier to place the barcode and write it from the mobile device. The system will automatically capture the Barcode ID from the mobile device and enter it into the field here.
Write Barcode Checkpoints From Mobile
Checkpoints can be written at the site using the mobile application. This works for both NFC and barcode checkpoints. It is often easiest to write them while installing the checkpoints on-site. If barcodes are already installed at the site, the information collected will then be transmitted back to the checkpoint information in the site profile.
Begin by selecting the View All Checkpoints option from the Checkpoint icon menu. This will pull the complete list of checkpoints created for this location.
Select the Checkpoint From the List
Click on the checkpoint you would like to write. You will then be presented with the option to setup up the checkpoint as a barcode or NFC token.
Note - Both NFC tokens and barcodes can be used on the same tour
Write the Checkpoint and Confirm
Barcode checkpoints will open the camera on the device. Focus the camera over the barcode until the device confirms the checkpoint was written.
Make sure the "Tag is now written" message appears at the bottom of the device when it returns to the list of checkpoints.