GPS Checkpoints use GPS coordinate to define the location of a checkpoint. This option does not require a physical checkpoint to be placed at the location. Note, that this option is only recommended for checkpoints that are outside.
Activate the GPS Checkpoint Option
By default the system uses NFC checkpoints. The option to use GPS checkpoints must be activated at the site in order to create GPS checkpoints at the site. To activate GPS checkpoints:
- Locate the desired site from the site list in the "Sites (Client)" tile.
- From the site profile, click on the "Security & Patrol" tab.
- In the Patrol Menu, select the "On-Site Features" option.
- Scroll down to the "GPS Checkpoints Scanning" option and click the switch to activate GPS checkpoints for the site.
Create Checkpoint with Required GPS Accuracy
Once the GPS checkpoint option has been activated in the "Other Site Features," go back to the list of checkpoints. New GPS checkpoints can be created or existing checkpoints can be configured to be a GPS checkpoint by clicking the [Edit] button next to an exisiting checkpoint.
- From the Patrol Menu, click on the "Checkpoints" item.
- Click on the [+ Create Checkpoint] button to create a new GPS checkpoint or click on the [Edit] button to change an exisiting checkpoint to a GPS checkpoint.
- Enter the required accuracy for the GPS checkpoint. This defines an area around the checkpoint where officers will be able to scan the checkpoint.
- Click on the [Save] button to save the GPS checkpoint.
Geo Tagging Checkpoints
To mark the location of the checkpoint on the property:
- Click on the small blue location icon to the left of the [Edit] button. The pop-up screen will show a satellite view of the site. Simply click on the rough location of the checkpoint on the property to drop a pin.
- After the pin has been placed, click on the [Save] button to save your work.