Table of Contents
Creating a Schedule Template
Once a schedule has a template it will automatically populate recurring shifts to schedule for the site, zone or department. To create a template complete the steps below.
- Click on the [Prepare] button for the desired site, zone or department.
- Make sure to click on the switch button in the upper left-hand corner so it reads " TEMPLATE"
- This will prompt a window to select the starting date for the template to be applied. The template will continue to be applied until the end of the service contract for the site. Use the calendar to select the starting date for the template.
- Confirm the starting date for the template is correct and click on the [Save] button.
Configure Settings for Template
Before creating shifts in the template, make sure the settings for the template are correct.
- Click on the [Settings] button above the scheduling grid
- Verify if "Closed Days" or days where the site is closed will affect the schedule. For example, if the location is locked over the weekend, should those days show in the schedule. This allows you to automatically remove days from the calendar where officers would not be required
- The Shift Board allows you to post Vacant Shifts to a community board where officers assigned to the site can pick up the vacant shifts
- Set the template cycle duration. The template can be configured to work on a 7 day, 14 day or custom number of days cycle
- Confirm the starting date for the template and click on the [Save] button
Assign Officers to the Site, Zone or Department
Officers must be assigned to a site to be eligible to work shifts scheduled at the site. Take a minute to make sure all of the officers that work at this site are assigned and available in the list on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Click on the [Assign Employee] button
- Begin typing the name of the officer and select the officer from the drop-down menu as it begins to populate. If the officer's pay is subject to change based on the post they work at the site, click on the checkbox below.
- Click on the [Save] button and confirm that the selected officer now appears in the list to the right. Continue this process for each employee that will be working at the site.
Bulk Create Shift Using the Quick Shift Tool
The Quick Shift tool is the toolbar (enlarged for better visual) shown above the scheduling grid. This tool allows you to quickly create shifts in bulk. Use the Quick Shift tool to create all of the recurring shifts for the shift.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the post/position where the shifts will be scheduled
- Add the times for the shifts. The shift time field will support both AM/PM and 24hr time formats. Add a comma between the shifts times to add more than one shift at a time.
- Enter the duration of unpaid breaks for the the shifts.
- Use the number to create multiple shifts for the times listed above. This is effective when multiple officers are scheduled at the same time on the same post.
- Select the days of the week these shifts will be schedule and click on the [ADD] button.
Bulk Assign Officers or Delete Shifts
Multiple shifts can be selected by clicking and holding the left mouse button while dragging the cursor to select an area on the screen. All of the shifts included in the selected area will then be selected to modify.
- Assign An Officer: Click on the blue arrow button in the officer's tile to assign the officer to the selected shifts.
- Deselect Shifts: Release the selected shifts without editing them.
- Delete: Delete shifts in the bulk by clicking on the [Delete] button at the bottom of the screen.
Continue creating shifts and assigning officers until the template is complete. Keep in mind the shifts schedule while in the Template view will automatically populate. If the assigned officer is not known week-to-week for a specific shift, leave it as vacant in the template so it can be assigned on a weekly basis.
Confirm The Template
Take a minute to review the template. Its important to remember that what is shown in the Template view will continue to populate week-to-week. Its ok to leave some shifts vacant if a different officer may work those shifts week-to-week. These vacant shifts will be assigned as a one-time occurrence in the Schedule view. Confirm that your template is complete.