Either the mobile application or the on-site (web browser) application can check visitors in and out. Checking visitors into a site will allow the system to track the visitors currently at the site. Using on-site, officers will have the option to create badges for visitors, check-in pre-authorized visitors and view check-in/out logs.
Check a Visitor Into the Property
Follow the steps below to check-in a new visitor.
- From the On-Site dashboard click on the "Visitors" tab.
- Click on the [+ Check-In Visitor] button.
- Use the drop-down menu at the top of the pop-up form to select the type of visitor (see note below).
- Type in the name of the visitor. If there is a record of the visitor from a previous visit or the pre-authorized visit list, the visitor's information will populate here (shown in next section).
- Type in the name of the host. If the host is known in the system their information will automatically populate the form fields.
- Click on the [SIGN-IN VISITOR] button to sign the visitor into the site.
Visitor types are completely customizable. The visitor types shown for a site were created by a system admin. Please contact your system admin or IT department if a relevant visitor type is missing. The fields shown in the pop-up form are based on the type of visitor accessing the site. You may notice that the required fields are different for different types of visitors accessing the property.
Create a Visitor Badge
Once you have checked-in the visitor, the system will offer the option to create a visitor badge. The information provided in the sign-in form will populate the fields on the badge and the window will provide an option to capture a photo from the device or computer. Click on the photo button to capture the image and click on the [Save] button to save the badge. If your process requires the visitor to carry the badge during their visit, you can click on the [Print] button to print a copy of the badge.
Check-In a Pre-Authorized Visitor
Viewing / Audit Site Visitor Logs
The "Visitors" tab will provide a view of visitor logs for the site. This will include visitors for any unit in the building. This list can be filtered by status (checked-in/out), log type (visitor, contractor, relative, etc.), date range or keywords. All visitors will have a log of their arrival and departure. The arrival will be noted by the time and date in the "Time In" column. If the visitor checked out the "Time Out" column will show the time and date of the departure. Any visitors that are still on the property will show the "CheckOut" link button in the "Time Out" column.
Checking-Out a Visitor
To check-out a visitor follow the steps below.
- Click on the [CheckOut] link button for the visitor.
- Certain visitor types will prompt checkout questions that must be completed before the visitor can be checked-out of the site (see note below). Complete the fields as needed and click the [Save] button to complete the check-out.
The checkout questions are configured by system administrators and are different depending on the type of visitor.