Pre-authorizing visitors provides a way to create a visitor profile for an expected visitor. These visitors will automatically populate with details, when an officer checks them in. Pre-authorization options give officers to ability to note whether the contact is allowed on the property and add notes about the visitor that may be related to their visit.
Pre-Authorize a New Visitor
Adding Pre-Authorized visitors makes it easy to quick verify a visitor when they arrive on the property. The system will identify the visitor as a known and authorized visitor making the check-in process efficient. This is also a way to block banned visitors. Follow the step below to authorize a visitor before they arrive on property.
- From the On-Site dashboard click on the "Visitors" tab.
- Click on the [+ Pre-Authorize Visitor] button.
- Complete the information in the pop-up form. Make sure to include the "Host to Contact" if the visitor will accessing a specific Unit. This ensure the visitor record is stored with the Unit profile.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the Permission Type. This can be granted access, call host for authorization or blocked from property.
- Click on the [Add Permission] button to create a record for the visitor.
When the visitor arrives on property a quick search on their name will provide all of the details about their visit and permission type.
Pre-Authorize a Visitor From Resident Unit Profile
Each Unit keeps a history of the residents and activities associated with the Unit. This information can be accessed in the Unit profile. Access the Unit profile from the On-Site dashboard.
- Click on the "Residents" tab from the On-Site dashboard.
- Locate the Unit and click on the [View Unit] button. If the Unit does not appear on the page, you can also use the search field to filter the list of Units shown.
View Unit Authorized / Blocked Visitor List
Click on the "Authorized / Blocked Visitors" tab to view the list of authorized or blocked visitors. Each of the visitors in the list will have a permission type. Next to the permission type the "Visitor" column will display the name of the visitor as well as any notes that were added when the visitor was assigned to the Unit. A visitor's information can be edited at any time by clicking on the [Edit] button next to their record.
Grant: These visitors have been authorized to visit their Unit.
Call: The Call type indicates that the visitor is authorized by the resident, but the resident must be contacted before the visitor is provided access to their property.
Block: These visitors are banned from the Unit or property and should not be provided access to the property.