The work to complete a job is typically performed using the mobile application. Like the tickets in the dispatch dashboard, these jobs will follow the workflow defined for the job. Officers will be responsible for updating the status of the job from the mobile application and completing reports for their assigned jobs. Dispatchers will be able to see these updates and activities live in the dispatch dashboard as the officer performs the job.
Managing Tickets on the Mobile Device
All of the tasks assigned to officer will be available in real-time in the mobile application under the Task icon. From the mobile application officers can update tickets and complete forms associated with tasks.
Accept Jobs and Update Job Status
Officers will receive a pop-up notification on their device when a ticket has been assigned to them. At this time the officer will be presented with options to act on the ticket. The three buttons at the bottom are the next status nodes that are available to the officer based on the workflow that was created for this ticket type. In this case the officer can update the ticket status to "On The Way","Accept Pending" or "Refuse" the ticket. According to the workflow, if the officer refuses the ticket, it will be reassigned to the dispatch center.
To change the status on a ticket follow the steps below.
- View the information in the pop-up notification window.
- Scroll down to view the remaining ticket details.
- At the bottom of the ticket you will see the options available for updating the ticket status. Select the appropriate response to update the status of the ticket.
Dispatch will be informed in real time with an update to the ticket including status updates and ticket comments as well.
Use Navigation and Directions to Locate the Job Site
View Job Details and Add Comments to the Job
To view tickets or add comments to a ticket follow the step below.
- Click on the "Tasks" icon on the homescreen of the mobile application.
- Click on the desired ticket tile. This will show all of the basic information about the ticket.
- Click on the "Comments" tab to view all of the comments that have been added to the ticket. This is also where officers can add their comments to the ticket.
- To add a comment click on the [Add a Comment] button. Add comments and notes into the pop-up text box. Click on the [Send] button to add the comment to the ticket. This will make the comments available to dispatch in the ticket information.
Complete the On-Site Form
When the ticket was created the dispatcher completed all of the fields assigned to "Dispatch Center" from the dispatch report form. All of the fields that were assigned to "On Site" will populate to create the report form the officer completes while on-site.
From the mobile device scroll down to find the [Fill our the Report] button. Click on the [Fill out the Report] button to access the form. All of the information provided via the mobile device will be added to the dispatch report form. Once the officer clicks on the [Send] button at the end of the report the information will be relayed to dispatch. This information will be compiled with the information entered by dispatch to complete the dispatch report form.