The report builder is used to create field reports as well the forms that will be used for dispatch jobs. The primary difference between a dispatch form and a field report is that the dispatch form provides fields for dispatchers and separate fields for the officer. Dispatchers can be required to provide certain information for every dispatch job and officers will be required to complete all other fields in the form.
Create a New Dispatch Template
To create a new dispatch form follow the steps below.
- Click on the "Settings" tile from the left-hand side menu.
- From the setting menu, select the "Field Report Templates" option.
- Click on the [+ New Custom Report] button.
- Complete the information in the pop-up form. In the "Type" drop-down change the type of report to a "Dispatchable Task."
- Click on the [Save] button to create the dispatch form.
Configure Template Report Fields
Click on the [Fields Setup] button to begin adding fields to the dispatch form. The form builder will work the same as it would with a standard field report. However, dispatch forms have an additional option for each field added to the report. Each field must be assigned to either the officer ("On Site") or the dispatcher ("Dispatch Center").
Visit the Reports Chapter to learn more about creating report templates and the field types available.