Features that are available only with an onsite license require this feature to be active.
When you use an onsite license, employees can fill out reports, manage visitors, clock in and out and more by accessing TrackTik using a web browser. An onsite license is useful in cases where the guard does not require a mobile device for checkpoint tours, or stays at a desk rather than moving within a site, or from site to site.
Click on a down arrow to expand the section and learn more.
Follow these steps to activate the onsite license feature. From the Security and Patrol tab within the site, activate the Onsite License feature.
- Click the Security and Patrol tab.
- Select Onsite Features from the left-hand menu.
- Turn the On-site License feature on.
Guards will now be able to access the site with the same credentials they would use to access TrackTik on a mobile device.
Guards using an onsite license can clock in and out for shifts and breaks just like they can when using a mobile device.
Follow the steps below to clock in using the on-site license.
The guard will see the list of sites to which they are assigned.
- Click the Clock In button to clock into the site.
- Confirm that you would like to clock in.
The system will ensure you are clocking-in at at the site where you are scheduled. If you are trying to clock-in at a different location than where you are scheduled, you will get an error message that tells you you are scheduled at a different location.
If the employee is not scheduled anywhere, the system will generate an unplanned shift and allow the guard to clock in. The same will occur if you are not using Scheduling in TrackTik.
Once a guard has clocked into a site, he or she can clock out, start a break or leave the site. The guard can also write reports from the on-site license.
From the Dashboard, guards can view real-time site activity, view scheduled tours at the site, view site contacts, recordings and check client portal access.
Depending on your permission level, you will see various tiles on the main dashboard.
Clocked-In Via Mobile: This tile shows a count of employees who are currently clocked in on a mobile device.
Inactive Mobile User: The tile shows a count of how many users are clocked in but have not taken any actions for a pre-set amount of time. This value can be set by a portal administrator.
Expiring Skills: This is a count of the number of skills set to expire within a pre-set number of days. This value can be set by a portal administrator
Scheduled Shifts: The number of shifts scheduled to be worked today.
Late Shifts: The number of scheduled shifts for today.
Once you log into a site, you will see various dashboard options.
Live Feed: Get a real-time summary of everything going on at your site or sites.
Scheduled Tours: Get a list of upcoming scheduled tours at your sites.
Site Contacts: See a list of contacts associated with the site. With sufficient permissions, you can add or edit contacts.
Portal Access: Manage client portal access for the site.
Assigned Employees: View a list of assigned employees. With sufficient permissions, you can also add, modify and remove employees.
Time Sheets: View the time sheets for each employee and add or modify approved time, or billing or pay overrides.
Left Menu Options
My profile: View your own demographic information.
Schedule: View scheduling-related information, such as your current schedule, time sheets showing past shifts, and the shift board, where you can select vacant shifts to cover.
You can view:
- The guard's name.
- The activity.
- When the event occurred.
- A date and time stamp.
Use the drop down list to filter by event.
Under the site contacts tab, you will find a list of contacts associated with the site.
- Click the Site Contacts tab to see and manage the list of site contacts.
- Name: The name of the contact.
- Title: The job title of the contact.
- Phone: The phone number of the contact.
- Email: The email address of the contact.
- Click the edit button to edit the contact.
- Click the Create Contact button to create a new site contact.
For more information on creating contacts, please see this article.
View, edit and download recordings made by guards while in watch mode.
- #: The unique id of the video.
- Date: The date of the video.
- Time: The time of the video.
- Employee: The name of the employee who took the video.
- Account: The site or zone where the video was shot.
- Download: Download the video.
- Watch: Watch the video.
- Delete: Delete the video.
Create, edit view and delete access for your clients. See a list of sub-sites attached to a multi-site.
- Click on the portal access tab.
- The client's first and last name.
- The client's email address.
- The client's phone number, if any.
- Last log in.
- View a list of sub-sites to which the client has access.
- View the client's access level.
- Edit the client portal access.
To create a Client Portal access, click the Create a Client Access button, and fill out the fields.
- First Name: The first name of the client.
- Last Name: The last name of the client.
- Picture: Add an optional photo of the client.
- Phone: The client phone number. Check the box to enable SMS messages to a cell phone number.
- Email: The email address of the client.
- Choose a Password: Enter the desired customer password.
- Confirm Password: Repeat the password.
- Force to Change the Password: Require a password change.
- Permissions: Select a role for the client.
- Status: Grant or revoke client access.
Once the information has been entered, click Save.
Follow the steps below to write a report using the on-site license.
Under the Create Report tab, select the report template you would like to complete.
Fill out the report fields.
Click the Send Report button.
Note: Any reports filled out in this manner will be accessible under the Operations Reports tab, like any other reports.
You will have access to the site message board when you access the system using an onsite license. The message board features you have access to will vary according to your permission level.
To access the message board, click the Message Board tab from within the site.
Post A New Message
To post a new message, click the Post Message button and fill out the fields.
Message Category: Select from Announcement, Be On The Lookout (B.O.L.O), Procedure Change Memo, General Message and Weather Alert.
Message: Write you message in this field.
Available To: Start typing the name of an employee or employees to make the message available only to them. If blank, the message will be available to all users.
Publish Date: Select the date on which the message will become available to users.
Expiry Date: The date as of which the message will no longer be available to users.
Status: Select from Actual (current), Draft, or Completed.
Picture: Select a picture to attach to the message.
Attachment: Select a file to attach to the message.
- Filter by message type.
- Filter by Active, Unacknowledged, Acknowledged, Acknowledged and Archived, and All Messages, Including Archived Ones.
- View current messages, or both current and future messages.
- Filter by other criteria.
Acknowledge: Click this button to acknowledge the message.
Read: Hover over this button to view a list of employees who have read the message. Note: The employee who wrote the message will automatically be listed as having read the message.
Edit: Click this button to edit the message.
For managers and supervisors, it is possible to prepare a schedule from within a site using an on site license. This way, supervisors and managers can prepare schedules only for sites and employees for which they are in charge.
Go to the Schedules tab within the site.
Click the Prepare button to prepare the schedule.
View Your Own Schedule
To view your own schedule in an onsite license, click the Schedule tile.
- Scroll forward or backward using the arrow buttons.
- Filter by month, week or day by clicking the appropriate buttons.
From here, preparing a schedule using an on site license is the same as preparing any other schedule. Please see the TrackTik Back Office User Manual for step-by-step instructions on how to prepare a schedule and for more information on scheduling processes.
With the right permissions, managers and supervisors can manage the employees of the sites they are assigned to. They can create and modify employees, terminate employees and re-set passwords. Accessible features may vary according to permission level.
Follow the steps below to manage employees using an onsite license.
Create an Employee
- Click the Site Employees tab.
- Click Create Employee.
- Fill out the information.
- Employee ID: The unique ID of the employee.
- First Name: The employee's first name.
- Last Name: The employee's last name.
- Job Title: The employee's job title.
- Phone (Main): The main phone number of the employee.
- Phone (Other): The employee's other or secondary phone number.
- Enabled SMS Alerts: Check these boxes to allow text messages to the employee's phone numbers.
- Gender: Select the employee's gender.
- Email: Enter the employee's email address. Email is one of the ways an employee can access the system.
- User Name: Enter a user name for the employee. This is another way the employee can access the system.
- Create a Password: This will be the employee's password for the system.
- Confirm Password: Repeat the password already entered.
Click on the Other Fields button to fill out more information.
Address: Fill in the address of the employee.
Roles and Permissions: Select and employee role.
Other Fields: Fill out additional information, such as the employee's birthday, employment date, comments and tags.
- Click the Reset Password button.
- Enter the new password.
- Repeat the new password.
- Click Save.
Modify an Employee
- Click the Edit button.
- Modify the information.
- Click the Save button.
Terminate an Employee
- Click the Terminate button.
- Select the termination date of the employee.
- Enter any comments.
- Click the Save button.
With sufficient permissions, managers can approve and modify time worked by the employees they supervise.
Follow the steps below to manage employee shifts and time approval.
- From within the site, click the Time Sheets tab.
- Click either the Schedule or Clocked box to approve the shift as scheduled, or the actual hours worked by the employee.
- You can also override the number of hours you are approving, paying or billing for each shift. If you wish to enter the number of approved hours manually, you should do so instead of clicking either the Schedule or Clocked boxes.
From the Operations Reports tab, you can easily manage reports that guards have filled out. Your permission level will determine exactly which of these features you have access to.
Follow the steps below to manage reports.
- From within the site, click on the Operations Reports tab.
- Click the Reports option in the left-hand menu.
- ID: The unique ID of the report.
- Type: The name of the report template.
- Flags: See if there are flags, such as incident categories or geo-location, associated with the report.
- Date: The time and date stamp of the report.
- Reported by: The name of the individual who filled out the report.
- Account: The name of the site or zone with which the report is associated.
- Status: Select the status from the drop down menu. Select from New Report, Approved, Verification or Job Pending.
- PDF: Click this button to view a PDF of the report.
- Email: Click this button to email a copy of the report.
- View Button: Click this button to view a copy of the report.
Within the Operations Reports tab, you have access to a range of filters that will help you when reviewing reports.
- Filter reports by template.
- Filter reports by incident type.
- Filter reports by status.
- Filter by dispatched tasks or patrol type.
- Enter a date range to filter reports by date.
- Enter an incident type to view reports of that type only.
- Filter the list of reports by employee name.
- Enter any other search criteria.
- Click the Filter button to apply the selected filters to your search.
Under the Operations Reports tab, you have the ability to view details of tour sessions. You can also delete tour logs if you have sufficient permissions.
- Click the Operations Reports tab.
- Click Patrol Tours from the menu on the left.
- Tour: The name of the tour.
- Account: The site or zone where the tour took place
- Employee: The name of the employee who performed the tour.
- Result: The number of checkpoints scanned vs. the number of possible checkpoints.
- Start Time: The start date and time of the tour.
- End Time: The end time of the tour.
- Duration: The total number of minutes for the tour.
- PDF Button: Click this button to view a PDF of the tour report.
- Email Button: Click this button to email a copy of the tour report.
- View Tour Session Button: Click this button to view the tour session.
- Delete The Tour Session: Click this button to delete the tour session.
You can view and manage shift reports from the Operations Reports tab. The shift report features you have access to may vary according to the permissions you have.
- Click on the Operations Reports tab.
- Click on the Summary By Shift in the menu on the left.
- Employee: The name of the employee who worked the shift.
- Location: The name of the site or zone where the employee worked the shift.
- Reports: The number of reports filled out vs. the number of reports required.
- Videos: View video interventions created by guards in the field.
- Checkpoints: The number of checkpoints scanned.
- Start: The start date and time of the shift
- End: The end date and time of the shift. If the shift has not yet ended, a green Open tag will appear.
- Tracks: View the GPS tracks of the employee.
- Download (PDF): Generate a PDF of the shift report.
- View: View the shift report.
- Actions: Perform various actions on the shift reports based on your permission level. Select from Approve All Shift Reports or Send Shift Reports By Email.
Shift Report Options
Custom Export: Select this option to export from various data sources. You can choose from a number of data sources on the shift report.
Dates: Enter a timer period in this box to filter the shift reports by period.
Filter by Employees: Start typing and employee name to filter the shift reports by a specific employee.
Filter Button: Click this button to apply the selected filters.
Drill down into powerful, meaningful data about incidents that take place at your site or sites.
Trend reports show incident trends over time. Scroll down to see incident trends over days of the week, months of the year and year over year for the site.
Custom analytics can be created in the incident chart builder. Custom reports can be saved to "My Custom Charts" for future use by clicking the Save Report button.
Click on the small white triangle in the variable tiles to access the list of options available in that variable. When the pop-up window appears, click on the specific incidents you would like to include in the report.
Any variable tiles that have been modified will change to a dark blue color. If the variable has not been filtered it will remain a lighter blue color. Drag and drop the variable tiles to the X and Y axis.
Click on the drop-down menu currently showing "Table" to access other types of charts. Select the chart you would like to use from the drop-down menu to complete your custom report.