Guards can follow the instructions below to clock in and out with the IVR. They will use their employee IDs to clock in and out using the IVR system.
Ensure you have a default length for employee IDs set under settings > Employee ID length. The default length should be at least 4.
Your employee IDs should be numeric only and not contain any leading 0s.
How To Clock In And Out
- Guards will phone the call-in number that was set up in the previous steps.
- If you have set up a custom greeting, the guard will hear that greeting and will be prompted to enter their employee ID. Without a custom greeting, they will be prompted to enter their employee ID number if they are scheduled for a shift.
- If you have set up any additional optional configuration options, the guard will also have the option to enter those.
- If an employee does not have a scheduled shift, they will be prompted to listen to their schedules.
- If there are no schedules, they will be told there are no schedules, and the IVR will hang up.
- The guard will also be prompted to be transferred to a supervisor.
- If no transfer number has been specified, the IVR will hang up.
- Otherwise, the guard will be transferred to a supervisor.
- If a guard is clocked in and calls the IVR number, they will be prompted to either clock out or start a break.
- If they start a break and call the IVR number, they will be prompted to end their break.