You can pre-process a pay run from the Prepare Payrun menu option. Then, click on the “Details / Prepare” button.
Filter the data to find the pay run you want to pre-process. Filters include Pay Schedule, Regions (if your portal is set up this way), and date range.
Based on your progression in the 3 steps process you will see a status changing. This way you can easily keep track of where you left off for each one of them.
Once you have selected a payrun, click the Pre-process Payrun button.
After clicking the Preprocess Payrun button, you may encounter the follow error types:
Warning Errors: Information that is good to know but not necessarily an issue. Warnings will allow you to keep processing your payroll. Here is a list of items that could generate this type of errors:
- Shift was left as vacant or on the shift board
- Shift has over 12 hours
- Ad hoc earning item: TRAV / Travel Expense Reimbursement
- Schedule Shift is covered by salary
- Approved hours are less than 50% of the scheduled ones
- Shift is over 1 hour than scheduled time
- Hourly Rate is high – over $35/hour
- Hourly Rate is low – Below $5/hour
- Hourly Rate zero. Shift will be not pay the employee
Blocking Errors: A blocking error is something critical; it won’t let you proceed until you resolve it. Here is a list of items that generate this type of error:
- Shift is not approved
- Shift does not have a pay rate
Note: When you run your payroll, you can view you employees’ shifts in their home region and in external regions as well.
The benefit: Administrators, your back office, supervisors and security personnel have more transparency on their payroll for correct processing.
- Pay run with employees working in a region with sub-regions
- Region A has sub-regions A1, A2, A3
- User 1 lives in region A
- User 1 performs shifts in region A & sub-regions A1, A2, A3
- When running payroll for region A, all the performed shifts for User 1 in the regions/sub-regions (A, A1, A2, A3) are calculated
- All unapproved shifts for User 1 in sub-regions A1, A2, and A3 will be displayed as an error for the payroll user to resolve (see following image)
- When approving shifts from an external region, the region & site name(s) where the shifts were performed are displayed.
When all blocking errors will have been resolved, you will be able to proceed to the next step.