This article discusses the pay rate configuration. There are several permissions related to viewing Pay Rates.
Please note that even when permissions to view pay rates are unchecked, pay rates may still be visible to super users.
The Hierarchy Of Pay Rates
TrackTik applies pay rates in a hierarchical manner, with more specific. Starting with most specific (shift rate) and going to least specific (Default BackOffice setting), the hierarchy is as follows:
- Shift Rate: If the shift has a pay rate value it is taken from wherever the user worked
- Position Rate: If the position has a post rate value, it is taken from wherever the user worked
- Account/User Rate: If the account/user has a pay rate it is taken from wherever the user worked
- HR Profile: Is taken from the user profile the user’s home region
- Employee Class/Group: Is taken from the user’s profile home region
- Default rate (Backoffice setting): Is taken from the user’s profile home region
Remember that the more-specific rate will override the less-specific rate.
Employee Class Rate
Classes are simply groups of employees that have certain specifications in common. For example, each class will have its own specifications such as Rate, Scheduling Priority, and Min/Max hours scheduled per week.
Follow the path below to configure this optional setting. Employees > Employee Classes > Create Employee Class.
Note: Once you have assigned an employee to a class, the Class Rate will override the employee’s default pay rate.
If you would like to configure your pay rates based on the prevailing wage, the Employee Class is the best way to do so. Prevailing Wage is defined as the hourly wage usual benefits and overtime, paid in the largest city in each county, to most workers, laborers, and mechanics.Prevailing wages are established, by the Department of Labor & Industries, for each trade and occupation employed in the performance of public work.
Employee Pay Rate
Hourly Rates can also be managed at the individual employee level. Follow the path below to set an employee pay rate.
Employees > Select Employee > HR Profile > Payroll and Scheduling Settings > Payroll Rate Section.
Select the employee’s pay rate by modifying the Hourly Rate Type option. Select one of the following: Default Rate, Employee Class, Hourly Rate.
Site & Zone Rates
When you assign an officer to a Site or a Zone, you can choose a different rate that will be applied to this assignment for this officer. You can also edit an already-assigned employee and modify their Site/Zone pay rate.
Use this option by doing the following:
- Go to Sites (Client) > Select Site > Assigned Employees.
- Click the Edit button next to the employee.
- Enter the site-specific employee pay rate.
- Click the Save button.
Follow the steps below to set a zone-specific employee pay rate.
- Go to Sites (Client) > Site Zones (Groups)
- Select the Zone
- Go To Zone Users
- Click the Edit button. The Employee options dialog box will appear.
- Enter a zone-specific pay rate for the employee and click Save.
You can also set a pay rate for a position.
Create a position at a Site or a Zone and manage its settings.
Access this option by following one of these paths:
Sites (Client) > Select Site > Positions
Sites (Client) > Site Zones (Groups) > Select Zone > Positions
Employee Overtime Rules
Like pay schedules, you can also set overtime rules as a default at the portal level or override the defaults them per individual employee. Follow this path to configure overtime rules.
Employees > Select Employee > HR Profile > Payroll and Scheduling Settings > Employee Settings Section
Modify the Overtime Rule field by selecting one of the options. You will have access to the same choices you previously did for the Default Overtime Rules.