Sites will automatically use the Default Group for incident categories. Using the Incident Category Settings, you can assign a specific group of incident categories to a site. This will limit the options available to officers when completing an incident report.
To access the site Incident Category Settings, follow the steps below:
- Access the Site profile then click on the Security & Patrol tab.
- Make sure you are viewing the Settings tab. The page should open to this tab automatically in the Patrol Menu, select Incident Category Settings.
- Use the drop-down menu to select which incident group will be assigned to this site
Some of the components of an incident category can be used as criteria for notifications at the site. To access the report notifications, follow the steps below:
- Access the appropriate Site profile, then select the Notifications.
- Click the New Notification Rule Button.
The Notification Rule Configurations pop up will appear.
Rule Name: The description of the notification rule.
Notification Trigger: Select when the notification will be sent. Choose from On Report Creation, On Report Editing, or On Report Approval.
Email Template: Choose either a default email template, or add a custom email subject and body.
Apply To Sub-sites: Select whether the rule will apply only to this site, or to this site and the sub-sites linked to it.
Once you have filled out the fields, click the Save button.
Click the Filters and Recipient button to choose the criteria that will trigger the notifications.
- Incident Severity: Here you can use the incident priority level as the criteria for specific notification rules.
- Incident Flag Type: Use the incident parent category as criteria for a custom notification rule. Using the parent category allows you to create notifications for security related incidents versus non-security related issues such as maintenance incidents.
- Incident Flag: The incident category that will trigger the notification.
- Form Templates: The notification will be triggered when the guard files reports with the selected form template(s).
Choose the recipients of the notifications under Email/SMS Recipients.