To create a new incident, follow the steps below. Note the following page will cover the components of an incident category. Make sure to review the following page before creating new incident categories.
- Click on the Create Category button.
A pop up form appears prompting for information to be entered, including:
- Code (Optional)
- Details (Optional)
- Priority Level
- Type of Item
- Show in default group
- Master Incident Category, if any
- Add to groups, if any
After completing the pop up form click the Save button.
Components of an Incident Category
- This is the name of the incident type that appears in the drop-down menu for officers when they write an incident report.
- Additionally, this is the label of incident category that is referenced in the incident analytics.
- The code can be used to reference incident codes in other systems or as an internal reference to a specific incident type.
- This is a detailed description of the incident category.
- Notes added here are not visible elsewhere in the system. They serve as a reference to admins reviewing the incident categories.
- This is the severity of the incident.
- Notifications can be created based on different priority levels.
Type of Item
- The drop-down in this field pulls the list of Parent Categories.
- From here the incident category can be assigned to a parent category, where it can be included in notifications for other similar incident types
Show in Default Group
- Assign the new incident category to a specific group based on different vertical markets.
- Select "Yes" to include the incident category in the default group.
- The default group is used at all sites, unless a user manually changes the incident group in the site profile